Time to take a night off! I got to have dinner with some friends the other night, and let me tell you; it was much needed! A night with no cooking or kids whining cannot be beat! If you don't have the funds to eat out right not (which I totally get!) Then just go to a friend's for a visit some night--- minus the kiddos!
Happy Kid Goal
It's St. Patty's Day! Our family always has a little fun on this day. Here are a few ideas for you!
1. Make green Jell-O for dinner. Or make green Jell-O Jigglers cut into shamrocks for a snack.
2. Decorate cupcakes with foil-wrapped coins and rainbow sprinkles.
3. Put white carnations with freshly-cut stems in a vase with water mixed with green food coloring. Pretty soon, you'll have green flowers.
4. Put green streaks in everyone's hair with hair mascara or temporary hair spray.
5. Make braids in your girls' hair using a green ribbon as one of the strands.
6. Paint a small shamrock on your kids' cheek with face paint or a green eye pencil.
7. Make quick green bracelets by cutting thin strips of craft foam, wrapping them around your wrist and securing the ends with a brad.
8. Add some green food coloring to pancake batter, milk, mashed potatoes, or whatever else you think you can stomach green.
9. Go to the library and read aloud some St. Patrick's Day-themed picture books.
10. Make green paper chains to decorate around the house. Cut out shamrocks from green paper and tape them on the walls.
11. Cut a bunch of shamrocks out of green paper and hide them around the house. Send your kids on a hunt to find them. Reward them with candy coins.
12. If the weather allows, go to the park and search for four-leaf clovers.
13. Pick up some Irish soda bread at the bakery and serve it with your dinner. Serve corned beef, too (although this is more American than Irish).
14. Make small greeting cards for elderly neighbors wishing them the luck of the Irish, or bring them a treat.
15. Wear green and be sure to pinch (gently) people who don't!
Happy Husband Goal
Lots of kisses this week! "I may not be Irish, but you can kiss me anyway!"
Happy House Goal
It's time to start the spring cleaning! After an entire winter of kids playing in their rooms and play areas all the time, it's bound to be a bit cluttered. Take some time (when your kids aren't looking!) and go through all the little things they don't play with anymore. You know, junk from birthday party goody bags, broken projects from school, etc; Get it all in the trash and make sure there's nothing lurking in corners or under beds!
Dinner TonightAs mentioned before, it's fun to have a "Green Dinner" on St. Patrick's Day. It's something my mom always did, and my kids love it! This year's menu for our little family is:
Green jell-o (I love it with sliced bananas in it!)
Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream for dessert!
Easy enough! You can do this with almost anything-- as long as you can handle the look of it! I try to use as many food items as I can that are already naturally green. It goes down easier! Get creative, Moms!