Thursday, April 30, 2009

Second Day! Wooo!

Hey! Who's ready for today's goals?





Happy Mom Goal:


Take 5 minutes extra in the shower today. You deserve it! If you've already had your shower today, you can apply this tomorrow, or be extra naughty and take a bath later today =)




Happy Kid Goal:
Let your kids help you do the dishes! They will love to get to play with water, it's teaching them a new skill, and they'll feel important because they're helping you. Plus, you actually DO get help with it!




Happy Husband Goal:
Cuddle time on the couch. Do this when you would normally be watching TV together or doing other things. Pay extra attention to your man (play with his hair or something!)




Happy House Goal:



Wash one large window that really needs it. Just one, that's all you need to do!


Dinner Tonight: {It's Slow Cooker Thursday!}


Simple Beef Stroganoff

1 pound stew meat, cubed

1/2 cup dried minced onion

1 can (10 3/4 onces) Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

1 cup sour cream (or for a richer taste, substitute one 8 oz. package of cream cheese.)

Combine all ingredients except sour cream in greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours. Add sour cream the last hour of cooking. Makes 4-6 servings.

Spoon over hot cooked noodles. Serve with a salad of red cabbage and apricots tossed with balsamic vinegar and oil.

Today's Pep Talk:

Okay, I'll be the first to admit...I didn't do my best yesterday! I let a few things get to me worse than I should have (see confessions page.) But, today's a new day!

Today, I'd like to talk a little bit about being a successful mother. Sometimes, I feel like we get into a slump and get everything done without noticing everything we've accomplished. That's where our goals come in. For myself, I don't feel good about myself unless I've done something to improve my house, my kids, and my relationship with my husband each day. I know that's not really the case, and that I'm still a good mom if I don't get everything done every day, but I feel so much better and am so much happier when I'm productive as a wife and mother. That's how I came up with our "Happy Goals." I think that if we can do one thing for our children, husband, house, and ourselves each day, we are successful. That's all. One thing in each area, and you are a success! People will think you're super-mom, and you'll feel good inside, because you'll see everything you've accomplished every day. You can do it ladies!! You are successful!!

No comments:

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.