Thursday, June 25, 2009

EMERGENY POST! *Overwhelmed Moms*

Hello there, ladies.

Okay, I'm sure most of you mommies are avid Oprah followers, but if you didn't happen to catch today's episode about overwhelmed moms, it was HEART-WRENCHING.

Take a look HERE.

This poor mother was so busy and life was so hectic that she forgot that her two year old little girl, Cecilia was in the hot car. She left her there for 8 hours in 102 degree weather where she later died. There were also many other stories of overwhelmed mothers who are about to have a break down. This, mommies, is where the "Happy Mom Goals" come into play. They even talked about taking time for yourself so you don't become so stressed and get to a dangerous or even deadly level of frustration. This should be a wake-up call to all moms everywhere!

Also on the Oprah show today,

Norman Fischer, a well-known Zen teacher, says there is an epidemic of overwhelmed people. Because we now have more possibilities, Norman says our expectations have been raised to unattainable heights.Norman says busy moms should stop trying to reach perfection and focus more on their happiness, attitude and state of mind. "I think that the first thing we've got to do is recognize that especially as mothers, but all of us, our state of mind and our attitude is our most precious gift that we give to each other," he says. "Every day, we ought to wake up and we ought to say: 'How is my state of mind today? Am I losing ground?' If I am, I better address that first because the rest of the stuff I do won't be worth anything if I'm harried and hassled and in a bad mood."

-Once again, Happy Mom Goals will help with this. I know most of you only accomplish one or two goals each day, and I'm sure they're usually Husband Goals or Kid Goals. But I urge you to work on your Happy Mom Goals a little more! Like I've said in the past, it's vital to the the well being of our families, and of ourselves!
{{If you missed this episode, check your local listings to see if today's Oprah airs again where you live. In Utah, it comes on again tonight at 12:37am on CBS.}}

3 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Hi, Karyn. This is Mindy DeGering from your ward, and Kristen Kelander told me about this blog. And I love it! I'm not a mom, but the Mom goal, Husband goal, House goal, and recipes! I think this blog is awesome and just wanted to say thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this. I honestly could never forget that my child was in the car. My eyes are on her no matter how busy I am. I feel really bad for their family though. Sheesh.

Meagan said...

WOW- I just found this blog today and I'm so sad I've been missing out:). I recently moved to Boston from Utah (where my family is). My hubby is in dental school here and I often feel overwhelmed with our little boy as my hubby is gone much of the day. I could SO use this blog- it's just what I need! Thank you so much for making these daily posts for other hard working mommies!

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.