Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday

Happy Mom Goal

Sit out in the sunshine today! Even if it's just for a few minutes....or an hour! It's always nice to get out enjoy the summer. And a little color on your skin never hurts either, right?


Happy Kid Goal



Bubbles! What child doesn't love these amazing things? I know we've posted this before, but I also know my kids never tire of blowing bubbles! If you want to change it up a bit, try making huge soap bubbles with a wire hanger! You can find a great recipe HERE.



Happy Husband Goal

Write a cute little note on your husband's napkin for dinner tonight. Even just a heart that says "I'll love you forever" or something sweet like that. It'll get a smile out of him. (Make sure you don't use silver pen....my hubby didn't even notice his note yesterday. I'll have to re-do it tonight!)


Happy House Goal



Organize your book shelf. If it's already lookin' great, dust off your books instead. They collect dust so fast!




Dinner Tonight
Chicken Pasta Salad


2 ounces rotini pasta
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
4 roma (plum) tomato, diced
1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing (or a ceasar type dressing)

In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, season chicken strips with lemon pepper and garlic powder. Broil in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until juices run clear. Cool chicken. Cut into bite size pieces.
In a large bowl, mix together the cooked pasta, chicken, quartered tomatoes, and feta cheese.
Serve with Italian dressing poured over top of pasta.


Today's Pep Talk
Last night I was talking with a friend of mine, and the subject turned to how we as moms just need to learn to let things go. I always feel like I'm so uptight and worried. I know I've addressed this issue before, but I feel that it is a huge deal. How often do we worry about the messes our kids make and how our house looks instead of how much time we are spending with our kids? Those moms that you know who seems to have it all together - house always clean, kids dressed to perfection, gourmet dinner in the oven, and looking like a cover model - are making those things their priority...which is totally fine! That's their style. But if you're like me, those things are not always a reality. For me, spending time with my family is probably the most important thing in my life. I need to learn to chill and not spend so much time concerned about everything else! Anyone else feel this way??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.