Thursday, June 4, 2009

To The Person Who Hates This Blog.....

Hey everyone! I have something that I need to address. I was trying to ignore it like a dignified person probably would, but I just can't. I'm posting this to get your opinion on the subject. If you feel the same way as this so called "anonymous" person does, please tell me. I promise to not be offended and hate you forever. A friend of mine had a similar situation a couple of months ago on her blog, and I think it's crazy that people are stabbing at each other this way. It's disgusting.

Now, to get to the point.

I received a comment on this blog that was a little bit......mean (?) - I guess that's the best word for it.

Anonymous said...
" i think it is funny that you do this "club" ive known alot of moms in my life and you are nowhere near the perfect mom that you act like you are. ive seen you yell at your kids and get mad over little things. i wouldn't want you telling me how to be a happy mom. i'm fine just the way i am. maybe you should work on your own mothering skills befor you you tell anyone else how to do it and stop trying to make everyone think your some amazing person"


All I can say is, Woah. That's a pretty bold thing to say. And I guess it's good that this person is being honest. However, maybe some things are better left unsaid.
Now, I don't feel the need to defend myself against this comment because I'm fine with how this person feels. But I would like to take a minute to clarify; to this person and to whoever else needs clarification.

First of all, I have never, nor will I EVER claim to be a "perfect mom." In fact, I'll fully admit to being one of the least perfect moms that I know. (which you would know if you read my "confessions" page.) I have a hard time on an almost daily basis. A few months ago, I found myself in a slump of motherhood. I was always tired, my kids were giving me a hard time, I felt like I wasn't accomplishing anything, and I was just not motivated to do anything because everything that needed to be done was so overwhelming. Then I thought to myself "what are the main expectations of a wife and mother? Kids, husband, house, dinner." I realized that if I just focused on one thing for each of those categories ever day, I would have at least accomplished that much and probably feel a bit better about myself. I organized these things onto a blog for myself and thought, "why not share this with other moms?"
That's all. It's for myself. If other people happen to like it and get something positive out of it, great. More power to them.

Secondly, if you don't want me to tell you how to be a happy mom, why are you even here and reading this? No one is forcing you to read or participate in it. You have your full right to ignore my blog as if it doesn't exist. Feel free to excercise that right.
I have never said that I am ALWAYS a happy mom. Quite the contrary. But since doing my goals each day, I AM happier than I was.

Thirdly, I do plan to work on my own mothering skills. Actually, that's what I'm doing with this blog. I'm trying to improve myself in all the categories that I can. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to be a mom. No one can tell you how to raise your children. Only you can decide. But I CAN share my ideas. And if people like my ideas, they can certainly use them. Or not. It's their choice. I'm glad that this person is "fine just the way they are." That's great. I'm happy for them.

Last, I am not an amazing person, and I'm not trying to make people thing of me that way. I'm just me. A mom. I stay at home every day with three kids. I love them, I play with them, I bathe and dress them, I feed them, and yes, I fight with them. If you always get along with your kids and are never upset, stressed, or discouraged, please share your secret with us. Start a blog.

I'm pretty sure I know who this person is. Obviously this someone knows me, and may even call me a "friend." I'm saddened that I have people in my life who feel this way about me, but even more saddened at the fact that they can't just tell me to my face what they think.

Do any of you have comments? I'd love to hear them all....even negative ones. Tell me what you think. But, if you would please, don't leave it "anonymously!" Sheesh!

~Karyn

6 comments:

symony said...

I'd just like to say that I don't think there is a perfect mom out there and if there is She is probably going crazy inside her head! I think it is very offensive for someone to say that to another person friend or not, please don't take it personally. I love to read your blog and all of your great idea's! Even if you aren't perfect, which no one is! I take this blog as a "mother to mother thing" not as "you being preachy!"

Anonymous said...

I can't believe someone would write you that. Its extremely rude and critical. That person is probably just jealous and should really take a look inward. Geeze.

Tenecia said...

I don't know you, but I think your ideas are great. I've never once had the impression that you thought you were better than anyone else or a perfect mom. The anonymous poster is delusional. My guess? The poster is jealous of you and is anonymously knocking you because they're too cowardly to face their own insecurities and/or issues.

Steph said...

I love your ideas and I'm glad you chose to share them with others.

Petersons said...

I cant believe this person is saying you claim to be a perfect mom... it doesnt say that anywhere. It gives ideas that have worked to make a happier home and family.. ask our husbands about the happy husband goals cause we get their input on them! And if i dont like someone or something I dont check out their blog or facebook all the time. And as a mom how do you have time to be leaving neg comments on peoples blogs. I hardly find time to leave positive comments on my friends blogs! Well I say ignore it cause I enjoy getting on here every day and atleast getting some ideas of things that can get done if nothing else does! And Brett likes the happy husband goals!

Leslie said...

all I can say is....HOLY CRAP. Are you kidding me? If we want to get into it...who is that person to even say that? Usually the only person would has the issue with themselves. I love this blog, and I love being a part of the "club" none of us are perfect...and no one has ever claimed to be. Love you!

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.