Sunday, June 28, 2009

Monday

Good morning, ladies! It's the start of a new week! (A week with a Holiday...my favorite!)

Happy Mom Goal





Wear something that makes you feel a little sexy today! Maybe do your hair or makeup different, or wear that outfit that you KNOW you look great in!



Happy Kid Goal




In light of Independence day, spend some time with your child teaching them a little bit of US history. Just simple little facts about the wonderful country that we live in. If your kids are too young for this, maybe just teach them a new song like "You're A Grand Old Flag!"




Happy Husband Goal



Send a cute text message to your hubby's phone while he's a work today (email works too, if you don't have text messaging.) Find a cute quote or poem to send. Something like:



Some love one, some love two.
I love one, and that is you!





Happy House Goal



Go through your pantry or kitchen cupboards and throw out anything that is past the expiration date or that you never use. It will create more space than you think!




Dinner Tonight



Creamy Chicken 'n Veggies

2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 (16 ounce) jar roasted garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Hot cooked rice

In a large skillet, saute the mixed vegetables and broccoli in oil until tender. Stir in the chicken, Alfredo sauce, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with rice.

Today's Pep Talk

I always feel like I need one of these on Mondays. This pep talk is kind of an experiment, though. I usually fill this paragraph with words of encouragement or advice, but I'm really not sure how many people actually read it. I think it's more for me than anyone else! For the last little while, I've kinda been slackin' on the Pep Talks. I haven't really posted many because I've mostly just wondered if it's even worth it...does anyone even read it?? So, if you do read Pep Talk (and enjoy it) let me know if you want me to keep it up. Otherwise I'll probably just do them every so often. Leave a comment and let me know what you think! As always, you're all awesome =) Happy Monday!
~Karyn

5 comments:

Meagan said...

I've only just recently found this site- but I really like reading the pep talks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karyn! Just checking out your lovely blog! It's fantastic! And I'm not even a mom yet! I am a TIA (aunt) my niece and nephews are bi-lingual so they call me Tia! Love, love, love your blog. It is so wonderful, a space that honors Moms/Women, families and children. Thanks for sharing your ideas and spreading the joy around!

Chelsea K said...

that's a great idea, have people submit something. i think words of encouragement are always nice, i enjoy reading.

Jeana said...

I enjoy the pep talks as well. Even if it's just a simple quote - something to get us thinking and smiling is always good.

Johnson Family said...

Karyn, the whole site is a pep talk, it makes me feel so much more in control. I often don't read the pep talk at the bottom because it is....at the bottom, after the recipe. You make me feel wonderful.

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.