Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thursday Goals

Happy Mom Goal

Take a walk. Take some time by yourself and walk around your neighborhood. Literally take some time and smell the flowers. I mean it, bend over and smell something, even if it's a dandelion! I love to be outside and sometimes, I just breathe. I love fresh air and sometimes i just go outside to smell things.




Happy Kid Goal




Safety scissors ~ kids love to cut things... probably because they are so often taught to NEVER touch scissors. Save some of your scrap paper, or get some cheap construction paper, give your kids some safety scissors and let them cut cut cut! They don't need any help with shapes or instructions on what to do, just let them cut. It's not important if they actually create anything with the cuttings. If you are ambitious and your kids are a little older, get out some glue and have them make a mosaic out of the little pieces. Cutting with scissors is fun, it lets them do something they're not usually allowed to do, and it actually improves their fine motor skills!

Happy Husband Goal



If your man is anything like mine, he loves your physical attention. I don't know what it is about my husband, but it's like the rest of his mind and body shuts down if I start scratching his head and playing with his hair....he LOVES it! Spend some time tonight doing just that. Or, if he's not a 'head' guy, just give him a 10 minute back scratch! Guys need this kind of attention from us so they know we love and are attracted to them.



Happy House Goal



Okay, I'm kind of a germaphobic, so I do this every week or so....but it's time to disinfect your house. I don't mean clean the entire house top to bottom - just the germiest places in your house (i.e. light switches, door knobs, appliance handles) The things that get touched the most in your house are the worst places! Grab some clorox wipes or a disinfecting spray & rag, and wipe down EVERY door knob in the house ~ especially the front door and the bathroom door!



Dinner Tonight
German Burgers - This is an old family favorite!
(submitted by Chelsea K.)

Frozen dinner rolls (about 2/person)
Cooked hamburger
Cheddar Cheese - grated
Thaw the rolls according to package directions, you don't actually have to let them raise entirely, but they need to be all the way thawed. Spread out a roll till it's about the size of your palm, hold in one hand and add a spoonful of cooked hamburger and some cheese. fold edges of the roll in and pinch together. place on greased cookie sheet. Baste with butter on top and sprinkle some garlic salt. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, till golden brown. Eat with ketchup.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Hi Karyn! What a fun blog you have...I'm so you posted my button, thanks so much! I can't wait to be a STAHM so I can enjoy all these tidbits---for now, I focus on the happy husband goal. And, PS..I miss Orem. miss it like crazy. We lived in SW Orem about a year ago before we moved to Boston. Enjoy it for me... I will definately be checking back in on your Happy Husband goals. Great idea!

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.