Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another Friday!

Happy Mom Goal:



Take some time for yourself today. Do whatever you want. Tell your kids it's Mommy Time. We have to do this to be the best mom's we can be. How can we take good care of our families if we aren't taking good care of ourselves. Do something that gives you utter delight and happiness. It's your moment.
Happy Kid Goal:
Gather all the stuffed animals in your house that you can find. Set them up in groups around the room. When your kids come in, surprise them with a game of "zoo-keeper." My girls loved this! It's also a good teaching opportunity to show them how we should treat animals.
Happy Husband Goal:
Date Night again! Come up with something creative. Camp under the stars in your backyard. Go jump on your trampoline and eat some dessert while your out there. Just be kids again; carefree, and happy!



Happy House Goal:
Ever feel like things just aren't running as smoothly as they could be? Today, get a planner, a calendar, even a simple notebook, and organize your life. Write down your schedules, soccer practices, PTA meetings.....everthing! Keep this planner in your purse or car. Never miss anything again!
Dinner Tonight
Crock Pot Friday!
Tortilla Soup
(this is my mother-in-law's amazing recipe that I've revised to make it slow-cooker compatible.)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
minced garlic
1 onion, chopped
one small can diced chilis
2 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
2 cans (14 oz each) crushed italian recipe tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 envelope taco seasoning
or corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
cheddar cheese, grated
sour cream
Combine all ingredients in greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat 4-6 hours or on low heat 8-10 hours. Serve over tortilla chips, top with sour cream and grated cheese. So SO good!

Today's Pep Talk
It's okay to take a break. We get so caught up in what needs to be done and when it needs to be done by, and we start running all around and forgetting that we're only human. Don't run so fast that your sneakers wear thin! Here's a quote from a book I read: "Becoming a well-rested mom can work wonders on your mood, outlook, and energy level." ~Debra Sansing Woods
Let's think about that for a moment.
First, mood. How ornery am I when I don't get enough sleep the night before? Well, let's just say you definitely don't want to be one of my kids and step a toe out of line! (or my downstairs neighbors for that matter!) On days when I wake up well rested, I'm happy, chipper, and greet my children with smiles and a hug. Isn't it only fair our kids get the best side of us every day?
Secondly, outlook. Now, I for one can sport quite the 'tude if you know what I mean. I had a horrible attitude as a teenager (bless my poor mother's heart) and that part of me can still sometimes surface. This happens, I've noticed, if I'm particularly worn out or have been running around all day. I lose patience over silly little things that shouldn't matter. And honestly, if we don't want our kids to have negative outlooks on life, we probably shouldn't ever be that sort of an example.
Last, energy level. My mother-in-law is one of the funniest women I have ever met in my life. She gets in these moods where she just goes nuts; laughs hysterically at every little thing, gets up and dances like a 17 year old, and says the most hilarious things that you'd think you were talking to a 20-something college girl, not a 40-something grandmother of 4. She has the best energy level in a mom I've ever seen.....and she raised (and is still raising) 9 children! How does she do it? Honestly, I believe she eats healthily, and gets as much rest as she can. She's so chill. She's in bed every night by 10 and takes naps when she needs them. It's okay. We all need to do it. Even a Super-Mom needs to!
So, the next time you feel your mood falling, your outlook sloping, or your energy level crashing, do yourself (and everyone around you!) a favor, and
Take a nap!!

No comments:

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.