Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 4, no pics

Hello ladies. Today I'm not taking the time to put up pictures with our goals. What can I say, it's just one of those days!



Happy Mom Goal:


Read a book for 20 minutes today. Unless, of course you hate to read. (Though I haven't ever met a mom who hated a reading break from reality!)



Happy Kid Goal:

Teach your child a new song today. I did this and remembered a bunch of cute little songs that I knew as a little girl. It was kinda fun!


Happy Husband Goal:

Date Night! Plan something fun to do with your favorite guy. It doesn't mean you have to spend a ton of money or anything. Heck, put the kids to bed early and play cards or something simple I like that - I guarantee you'll have fun!

Happy House Goal:

Baseboards. Who doesn't hate these? But, get out your favorite spray cleaner and a rag, and wipe down the baseboards in ONE room. (Only one.....I'm not trying to kill you!)


Dinner Tonight:
Best Chicken Salad EVER!
(I hated chicken salad my whole life until I tasted this incredible recipe from Chelsea!)
2 cans of Tyson canned chicken (for a fresher taste, you can cook and shred your own chicken.)
1 small package of slivered almonds, toasted
1 small bunch of red seedless grapes, sliced in half
chopped celery (you decide how much you want in there)
1/2 bottle of Kraft coleslaw dressing (this is what makes it taste so good!)

Mash up the chicken with a fork while slowly adding in the rest of the ingredients.
Serve on croissants/bread to make sandwiches OR stir into your favorite type of cooked pasta to make a yummy chicken and pasta salad.



Today's Pep Talk:
Man, yesterday was so crazy that I probably need today's pep talk more than any of you other amazing ladies! Well, it's a weekend, and that means one thing: take a little bit of a break! No doctor appointments to get to, for most of you no work for you or your hubby, etc; I always breathe a sigh of relief after Friday's over: I've made it through another week! I'm still alive! Yeah! But I also use the weekend as a time for "review and re-do." I review the past week and look at all I've accomplished, and areas where maybe I could've handled things a little differently, and if there's anything I want to change, I have a re-do next week. No sense in fussing about what I messed up on, as long as I get a re-do! Right? So today, let go of anything you might be kicking yourself for, or feeling bad about. There's always tomorrow, and no one expects you to be perfect except yourself. In everyone else's eyes, you probably already are perfect.


One last thing. I was reminded of a quote today that I just love and I wanted to share it with you all because it made me think of you.


"Doing the impossible is kind of fun!"

-Walt Disney

No comments:

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.