Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thursday

Happy Mom Goal:

Paint your fingernails! Don't you just feel so much prettier when they're done?



Happy Kid Goal:



Make a collage with your kids today. Pick a theme like "things we're thankful for," and look through old magazines, newspapers, or advertisements and cut out pictures of those items. Glue them onto some cardstock, and hang them in your kid's room! My 3 year old absolutely LOVES it when we do this!




Happy Husband Goal:



Make sure to say at least 3 more "I love you's" to your man than you usually do. The more they hear it, the more they know that it's true!

Happy House Goal:


Organize your computer desk. Mine seems like it's always cluttered with files, bills, coupons, and more things that don't even belong there (currently, one of my favorite fashion bracelets.) Get things cleared off and put away (away-away!) and make that area a little more pleasant to work in.




Dinner Tonight:




Baked Mac and Cheese
submitted by Kira P.

2 1/2 cups un cooked macaroni noodles
1 cube butter, melted
2 cups cheese- i usually use a little bit more
4 cups milk
salt/pepper
coat noodles in 9x13 pan with butter. pour milk over noodles and add cheese. then season.
bake at 325 for 1 hour
YUM!
Today's Pep Talk
Have you ever wished you could teach a young child how to be tactful? You know, make them understand what is and what is not appropriate to say or tell people? I'm pretty sure that having children is a surefire recipe for embarassment. Kids (as adorable as they are) don't quite understand what's wrong with certain thought, words, or phrases, so they just say what's on their minds. It's not their fault! This, obviously, has happened to me on many an occasion. For example:
One evening, while driving home in the car (I thought our kids were asleep in the back,) my husband and I began discussing how much we disliked a certain person. It's not that we're rude or snobbish people, but this particular person was dating one of our family members, and was just not a good match. He was tactless, inappropriate, and downright rude himself, in fact. He had also made a particularly mean comment to me that evening and I was rather upset. My husband and I had this conversation, and then it was over. We didn't really discuss it again. However, a little over a month later, my mother in law cornered me and said "I just thought you ought to know, your sweet little 3 year old girl told [so and so] how much her mommy hates him and wishes she never has to see him again!" Talk about embarassment.And this person may very well become part of our family.Fortunately for me, to spare more embarassment, he was very kind and has never brought the incident up to me. This was not very long ago. Just about 6 months or so. So why am I writing about it here now? Because I find it to be absolutely hilarious. Plus, it taught me a few good lessons! Moral of the story, Mommies?
Learn to laugh: today's embarassment may very well be tomorrow's comedy!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! I havent had that happen to me (yet) but it definitely reminds me to keep conversations like that litterally only between me and the hub. I would have LOVED to see the look on your face. :)

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.