Monday, May 11, 2009

Tuesday Goals

Happy Mom Goal:



Is it warm where you live? If it is, take a few minutes to bask in the sun. Maybe while your kids are out playing. It feels so nice!


Happy Kid Goal:



Once again, if it's warm, run through the sprinklers with your kiddos today! Cold? Maybe. Fun? Always!



Happy Husband Goal:



Go for a drive together sometime today. Let him drive (obviously) and let him take you wherever he feels like taking you!



Happy House Goal:




Time to attack below the beds! If it's too big of a job at your house, just do one for today. You may have to have your kids help you reach some things for you! Throw away EVERYTHING you don't need! Put everything else "away-away." (My term for all the way, exactly where it goes!)



Dinner Tonight:


Shepherd's Pie

(Submitted by Anna G.)


1 pound Hamburger

1 can of corn & or green beans

1 small can of Cream of Chicken/mushroom soup

Mashed potatos

cheese

First brown the hamburger untill it is cooked throughly. This is when you prepare your mashed potatos as well. (I like to use the betty crocker mashed potatos that are already done, you just have to heat them up:))then in a bowl combine browned hamburger, corn or beans, and soup.Stir. Then top with your mashed potatos and sprinkle cheese on top. Then heat in the microwave for a minute or so.


Today's Pep Talk

(This is a talk about Mother's Day that was given in a church this past Sunday. I thought I'd share it with you.)



A Mother’s Day Talk
By
Madison Waters
I don’t know who came up with the idea of Mother’s Day because near as I can tell, Mother’s don’t seem to like it very much. My Mom doesn’t care for it. My Grandmother doesn’t care for it. My other Grandmother doesn’t care for it. And, if this trend continues, I suppose I won’t care for it.
Over the years I’ve quietly listened to adult conversations (which by the way, some might call it eavesdropping but it totally wasn’t, they were talking within earshot of me and I didn’t have any choice but to listen because that is what ears do). As I’ve listened, I think the reason for the general distaste for the day happens because we all tend to not see the good that we do and that we are. When we look at our own lives we tend to slide past the good stuff and remember the bad stuff really, really well.
Then there are the unfulfilled expectations that we all carry around with us. There are those women who would like to be mothers but can’t. There are those who are mothers but their children have made choices that they wish were different. There are those who would like to be married so they could be mothers but the opportunity hasn’t happened. There are those who made choices early in their lives that can haunt them on Mother’s Day. I know women in most of those categories and I’m sure there are some other categories that I’ve missed.
Let me tell you about one of those categories that has affected our family. Some of you know that my oldest sister got pregnant when she was a teenager. After a lot of soul searching she made the decision to go to LDS Family Services and allow a couple that were unable to have children to adopt her son. This was a beautifully difficult decision and experience.
We met that family and they came to the hospital the day after the baby was born – they were absolutely incredible. The day the adoption took place my Dad and the new adoptive Dad gave that little boy (his name is Jensen) a blessing. There were many tears that day and I know that Mother’s Day can be a difficult time for my sister. However, I have also heard my sister talking about the experience and she has received a sure confirmation that Jensen is exactly where the Lord would have him. She receives regular letters and pictures from the adoptive family that continue to confirm her decision – both the adoptive Mom and my sister’s lives are being blessed. It is amazing to me how the Lord can work a difficult situation into something that is incredible.
What I have learned from this and other experiences is that trust and faith in the Lord are what help us in any and all situations … whether those situations be difficult or wonderful. Faith in Christ is the key to finding meaning and hope in this world – it can even help endure some of the annual challenges of Mother’s Day.
The wonderful part of Mother’s Day for me is the reminder of just how much my Mom does for me and for my family. I’m grateful for her example. And I’m grateful for Christ and his atonement that can, if we open up to Him, heighten the wonderful feelings and uplift the difficult ones.

No comments:

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.