Friday, May 22, 2009

Saturday, and a long weekend!

Happy Mom Goal:




This one has already been a mom goal, but it's one of my personal favorites! Pull out your current favorite reading material and lose yourself in it for a while today. To change it up a bit, maybe go outside in the sunshine or lay on the shady grass and read while your kids play!





Happy Kid Goal:







Do a movie night with your kids! We head over to a local Red Box and grab a fun movie for $1. Then we set up little chairs in the TV room, pop some microwave popcorn, and hang out with the kids! It's a blast! (And the best part is sometimes it puts the kids to sleep!)






Happy Husband Goal:




Lay out on a blanket under the stars for little while with your man tonight! I plan to do it late, after the kids have gone to sleep, and maybe take a bottle of something bubbly out with us. So fun, and it's nice to chat about something other than the kids!





Happy House Goal:









Go through a toy box of your kids' today, and pull out at least 10 things that you KNOW they don't ever play with. Take them to a donation center or a shelter where they can be put to good use. Hint: I would recommend not letting your kids see you do this. They most likely won't ever even realize it happened, and you'll get a slightly less cluttered house!



Dinner Tonight:



Make-Your-Own Mini Pizzas

(this was a favorite of mine and my brother's when we were growing up...kids LOVE it!)

12 Rhode's Frozen Dinner Rolls - thawed, but NOT risen (more if you have a larger family)

1 can pizza sauce, or make your own with tomato sauce, garlic powder, and italian seasoning

grated mozzerella cheese

desired toppings (pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, pineapple, peppers, sausage, etc;)

This is a family dinner-making event that everyone will have lots of fun with!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put all your toppings into little bowls (pepperoni in one bowl, olives in another, etc;)

Give everyone 2 or 3 thawed dinner rolls. At a clean and floured table or counter, have everyone mash their rolls together and then roll their dough out flat and circular to make their own personal pizza. Spoon some sauce on each pizza for them to spread around. Give everyone some cheese to sprinkle onto their pizza. Allow each person to put their own toppings on their pizza. Let them pick what to put on and how much! (They may even want to make faces or designs on their pizzas with the toppings!)


Place all pizzas on a baking tray and bake @ 350 for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, watching closely. Pizzas are done when crust is a light, golden brown.



Today's Pep Talk


This weekend is a holiday, and to me holidays mean family time! I love spending time with my family, and I encourage you to spend some with yours. You, as mothers, are the best ones to bring your families closer to one another... You are the glue that holds the family together! You're all so amazing, and I hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend. For me, my husband gets some time off and some family is coming into town. Because of this, I'm going to take a little break from this blog just for a few days and spend some extra time with the people I love the most! So, if you're wondering where I've disappeared to, that's the explanation. I'll see you all after the Memorial Day weekend!

Have fun!!

1 comment:

Our Crazy Family said...

Wow this is a pretty neat group! I would love to be a part of it. My friend sent me the link to this. I think it is neat. Anyway I am always looking for ways to make life better and this looks like a good place to go....Besides DINNER IDEAS are always a plus. I am always wondering what to make.

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.