Thursday, May 21, 2009

Friday!

Happy Mom Goal:

Excercise! Today's a great day to get your body pumped up with some aerobics, jogging, or yoga. It's good for the body, and the soul!

Happy Kid Goal:



Dance with your kids. I love doing this! Partly because I was a dance teacher for years, but mostly because I love the delighted looks on my kids' faces. They get such a kick out of it, and you get a good work out!

Happy Husband Goal:

{No picture, for fear of what I might see while searching for an appropriate image.}

I hate to be cliche, and I've been trying hard not be so on this blog. But I have to say it... Lingere. Men are such visual people, and it really is a treat for them. If you don't own any or just aren't that type, don't worry. Try wearing something during the day that you know your husband loves...even if it's just the cheap jewelry he got for you when you were first married!




Happy House Goal:

I hate this one, but it has to be done at my house so I might as well drag you all along with me! Clean your refrigerator today. Not just the kind where you throw away all the too-old leftovers..... pull everything out and do a real, deep clean with Clorox wipes or your favorite spray cleaner. Get all the sticky, old jelly off the shelves and the spills from drinks out of the door shelves. Also, check the expiration dates on all your condiments and other things you don't use regularly. I saw that I have some ranch dressing in mine that expired a couple months ago and I hadn't even realized it!



Dinner Tonight:
(Slow Cooker Night! I love these ones because I get them done early in the day and don't spend the rest of the day anticipating having to cook....it's already done!)


Barbecue Pork Sandwiches

{This is one of my favorite summertime meals!}

2 to 3 pounds boneless pork roast

3/4 cup minced onion

1 bottle favorite barbecue sauce

1/4 cup honey

sandwich rolls - I like harder ones because they don't get soggy as fast.

Place roast in greased slow cooker. Combine onion, barbecue sauce, and honey. Pour mixture over meat. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours. When roast is done, use two forks to shred meat.

Serve with watermelon and corn on the cob. Yummmmm.

Today's Pep Talk

Oh, I just love you all! Even those of you who I've never met personally, and of course those of you who are my close friends and relatives. Just knowing that there are other mommies out there just like me who definitely aren't perfect, but have a constant desire to work to improve themselves and be better mothers and wives, it just inspires me and keeps me going! I admire other mothers and look at many women who I don't even know and strive to do as well as they do. So, thank you to all of you....

You help me get through each day!

1 comment:

symony said...

I love this site!!!

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.