Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friday!!!

Last day of the week, ladies!



Happy Mom Goal:


Call a girl friend or sister and chat for a while - just because! It's okay to have a laugh with a good friend every now and then....and it's a good time to get things off your chest if you need to!




Happy Kid Goal:

Go outside and blow some bubbles with your child today. It can be pretty fun, even for you! If it's too cold today where you live, do it in the bathroom while your child is taking a bath. I did this a couple times during the winter, and my two toddlers loved it!


Happy House Goal:




It's a great day to clean your microwave. I try to keep mine relatively nice all the time, but it's good to give it a thorough wipe-down every so often. You know, really scrub it.



Happy Husband Goal:
It's Friday, so why not make it a movie/date night! Get a movie that both you and your man will enjoy and snuggle up together on the couch. If you want to make it extra special and fun, go to the store and grab of bottle of $3 sparkling cider and drink it together out of champagne glasses. My hubby loves this!





Dinner Tonight

{{I totally forgot about Slow Cooker Thursday yesterday, so this week, we're doing slow cooker Friday!}}

Hawaiian Chicken

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple

1 bottle barbeque sauce

4 to 6 cups rice, cooked

Place meat in greased slow cooker. Combine pineapple and barbeque sauce and pout over meat. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low heat 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

Makes 4-6 servings.


Serve with broccoli.



Today's Pep Talk

The other day as I sat in the doctor's office waiting room, I couldn't help but overhear a young mother talking with her mother (I assume) about what kind of mom she is. She was comparing herself to some other mother who was not present and talking about how inferior she felt. For example, this young mother would say, "I just see her always teaching her kids these amazing songs, and they know so many now and sing so well. Why can't I just be more musically talented? All kids deserve that sort of thing from their mother."

I felt sort of bad for this young mother, but at the same time, felt like walking over and whacking her on the head. We all have our own strengths and talents as people, but it's the same for motherhood. We all have our own style of mothering. For instance, I'm not the greatest seamstress int the world. My good friend whom I've known for several years can pretty much do anything on a sewing machine - from her son's halloween dinosaur costume, to an entire bedding set including a matching lamp shade. Put me in front of a sewing machine, and I can show you how to quite successfully break the needle and then replace it eight times in a row. However, I CAN cook quite well, I consider myself rather crafty when it comes to scrapbooking and decorating, and I am a master of organization.

My point is, dear ladies, that as mothers we need to play to our own strengths. Be your own kind of mom with your own style. Teach your kids things that you think are important, and show your children how to do the things you do well - making sure that they also develop their own talents. You needn't feel inferior to any other mother, because you simply just aren't them. You are you, and you are awesome just like that!~



No comments:

Welcome Ladies!

This is our Happy Moms Club! If you're here, it's because you want to become a happier wife and mother....something we strive to help you do! Check this blog each week for your daily goals, pep talk and advice(More info on the SIDEBAR.) There are several units of the HMC, but each group is encouraged to have Happy Mom's Happy Hour every other week, complete with non-alcholic drinks and chatting time! Also, once a month you should have Guilty Pleasure Day, which will be a few hours out to lunch or a movie or something, without your kids. That's right, you heard me, KID FREE! So start saving your pennies! Leave a comment to let us know if you would like to be part of our club! It's free to join, all you do is leave a comment and log on each week to get your goals and peptalk. Also, feel free to leave comments with any suggestions, advice, or something to make us giggle a bit!

*Disclaimer*

I do not own many of the pictures posted on The Happy Moms Club Blog. I do not make any money from them or this site.